It’s a day after the “big storm” and I wanted to share my last few impressions. As many of you commented yesterday, snow is likely the last thing that most folks want to see down here. In my case I’ve a rather nostalgic view of the stuff no doubt supported by the fact that I grew up in Asia and rarely saw it! In fact I’ve only had short forays into the white stuff, even as an adult, and this is the very first time we’ve seen it in our 3 years of RVing. So, for me the passing of a desert winter storm is the stuff of poetry…and it’s all the better for the fact that it’s so rare and lasts so little.
And indeed the winter wonderland passed almost as quickly as it came. After our afternoon of snow there was a brief reprieve, then mother nature decided to give a last big hurrah sending another 2 inches of thick and furious snowflakes (some the size of my hand) before the night’s fall. It was a brilliant end to the day and the night fell eerily silent and chilly cold, a mere whisper of crunch with white powder underfoot.
Then this morning the picture faded and the white glory melted away. Slowly at first, then in dripping showers of melted wet that flowed down the road and the sides of our RV. By mid-morning the blue sky had peeked through and by noon there was only a sprinkling of white left on the mountains.
Fast and furious, yet intensely invigorating…aren’t those the most exciting moments in life? I give you my last photos of the snowy day. Who knows, I may never get to blog about this again?
Oh and in case you wondered what the cats were doing this whole time? Well, I’ll just let them tell you themselves….
Where Are We Today?Sam's Spa, Desert Hot Springs, CA
Desert Hot Springs, CA Today Monday TuesdayPartly Cloudy57°/36°Clear57°/34°Clear63°/34°
Love the Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- The Wheeling It Blog Has MOVED!!!!
- 2013 “Big 5″ RV Christmas Wish-List
- Thankful & Historic
- A Few More Dog-Friendly Hikes – Desert Hot Springs, CA
- The Wonderfully Crazy Desert…
- Self-Medical Care Part III – Negotiating Doctors, Hospitals & Clinics With Cash Pay
- Self-Medical Care Part II – Self-Testing Links
- Self-Medical Care Part I – Why Do It?
- Spa, Spa, Spa….And RV Buddies! Desert Hot Springs, CA
- Our Top 5 Essential Boondocking Items
- Halloween Hairiness & More Putzing…Lone Pine, CA
- Putzing, Putzing, Putzing…And RV Sue!
- Boondocking Site Review – Volcanic Tablelands BLM, Bishop, CA
- $2 Gourmet Meals, Railroads & Some Apples – Bishop, CA
- Boondocking & Bumming In Bishop, CA