Our summer in Oregon is really all about being beach-bums, paws and all. I can never get enough of the beach. From grey, moody days of angry waves and rolling fog to brilliant sun-drenched wonders which take your breath away. No matter what I might have been thinking before I go, or how anxious I might feel, or whatever worries were on my mind, once I dig my barefoot toes into that soft, cool sand my mind clears and I “zen” with nature. It happens the very moment I top the dunes and miles of deserted coast dramatically open before me. No matter what the weather I will stand there awed and swept away by nature’s glory. Suddenly I feel the rhythm of waves in my soul, my body relaxes in the most pleasing way and my inner mind says “ahhhhhhh”. I call it beach-meditation….nature’s free therapy if you will.
Interestingly enough there’s actually a bit of science around this phenomenon. The physical act of “grounding” or “earthing” (i.e. putting your bare feet in the ground) is thought to lower cortisol levels, improve immune function and reduce inflammation. So, that feeling of “ahhhhhhh” really does have something to it. I certainly know that whenever I ditch the shoes and feel the ground I get a whole lot more in return. Don’t you?
But this year, in particular, has also been windy. Whoo wheeee! Locals tell me this is one of the windiest summers they remember and it certainly “blows away” our experience from last year (hehe…I’m such a card sometimes). Doggie goes banana-crazy for the beach in any kind of weather, but for the humans in our pack some of our coastal walks have come with free wind transportation and exfoliating facial scrubs. Can you say smooth as a sand-whipped bottom?
I don’t mind though, honestly I don’t. I LOVE the cooler weather, the crazy moods and….yes….even the nutty wind. By the end of this summer odyssey I should have monk-like serenity combined with rather glorious skin-tone. And all of it for FREE too. Quite the deal and definitely a moment of “ahhhhhhh”.
Where Are We Today?Deception Pass State Park, Whidbey Island, WA
Deception Pass, WA Today Thursday FridayFog73°/52°Partly Cloudy75°/52°Partly Cloudy75°/54°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Harbor Campground Review – Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- The City Of Dreams – Port Townsend, WA
- CP Campground Review – Dungeness Recreation Area, Sequim, WA
- Discovering Sequim Part II – Lavender Soul
- Discovering Sequim Part I – Lighthouse Loving
- RV Park Review – Hobuck Beach Resort, Neah Bay, WA
- At The Untamed Edge – Cape Flattery, WA
- RV Park Review – Quileute Oceanside RV Park, La Push, WA
- A Wonderfully Pleasant Surprise – La Push, WA
- NF Campground Review – Kalaloch Beach, WA
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- The City Of Dreams - Port Townsend, WA
- Harbor Campground Review - Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- The Journey
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"