A muted, but lovely sunset at Bandon beach

A muted, but lovely sunset at Bandon beach

I know I said my last post was my last one in Bandon, but it’s just been so darn nice I couldn’t help taking a few more pics. So, this is the last one…really it is. Between then and now I’ve managed another sunset shoot with Gunta (no where near as exciting as “The Perfect Sunset” from last week, but lovely nonetheless) and several more long, lonely walks on the beach w/ hubby and pooch. Everyday here is slightly different and it’s that very thing which inspires me to keep clicking away. The rocks never change, but the sea & beach are ever-moving and that’s what sets the coast alive and makes it so special. Resistance, my friends, is futile.

Wild waves crash on the beach on a sunny day
Wild waves crash on the beach on a sunny day
A thin line of yellow backs the rocks

A thin line of yellow backs the rocks

By the way for all you lighthouse nuts out there (and I count myself amongst you) I’ve been recommended to read The Light Between Oceans about 50 times, so I’m going to download it and will likely finish it next week. By all accounts it’s a real heart-string tugger which I think will fit in perfectly with desolate Cape Blanco…the right novel for the right place, if you will. Also, for you fermenting RVers you’ll be ecstatic to know that we are already overflowing with Kefir. I bought a teaspoon of the stuff from amazon (THIS link ) and it’s been producing like crazy. Don’t know if it’s the extra-moist weather or slight uptick in temps, but those grains are going wild. Who says nothing exciting ever happens in an RV :)That’s really it from here…really it is. Only a few days to go and we’ll be off. We’ve checked the batteries, lubed the jacks and we’re ready to go. Wheels away, baby! See ya at the next spot.

Ready to run, Polly?

Ready to run, Polly?

Just a footstep in the sand

Just a footstep in the sand

26 Responses to Just a Few More Pics…

1. Sue says:

Never too many pictures from you Nina, never too many!
    Sue

2. RVAGOGO says:

Safe travels. Thanks for sharing the pics and stories….it makes me all the more excited to hit the Oregon coast.

3. Sheila says:

Love, the Paul and Polly image – beautiful and way too cute the way they are looking at each other! As the sun sets on Bandon safe travels to the Cape! Thanks for always sharing your beautiful photos.

4. Melissa says:

You are right, where did the summer go?? Loved the pics and you sharing your time in Bandon. Maybe, we will see you at Empire Ranch!! Safe travels

5. Nan and John says:

Great photos! We loved Cape Blanco. You are going to have a ball!

6. geogypsy2u says:

It might take longer to get over Bandon.

Indeed it might. This is our 2nd year here and we love it as much as ever. We’ll only be 30 miles away so still within short driving distance, but it won’t be quite as convenient as here in Bullards where we’re just across the bridge.

7. Gunta says:

Will miss having you so close. It’s been fun visiting with you!

8. My sisters loves and swears by those Kefir and they even brought it to Phil.!
    Anyhow, I thought for a moment you have changed your blog name to Wherling It, but it looks like you havent. I guessed you must have three pen names :)

9. The wave photo…love that one. And you are so right about “the rocks never change, but (everything) else does…” There are those certain places, whether it’s the ocean, mountains, or Grand Canyon, where mood changes according to light and weather and No two same photos are alike. It gives the illusion of traveling when one is stationary; always a new feast for the eyes. It saves a lot of gas, and still scratches that “itch.”
    Box Canyon Mark

10. Janna says:

Lovely photos Nina! Makes me wish I was back on that beach again, oh, well, I will just have to walk in the hay fields this morning!

Hey you’ve got some pretty spectacular scenery out there in MT too. hope we get up there next year. Very, very foggy this AM…you’d like it.

11. Charlotte says:

Never get enough of your beach pictures! Just finished The Light Between Oceans. Hope you enjoy it. I did. Safe travels.

Downloaded it and started it last night (I was too impatient to wait). So far so good. It’s a wonderfully written story.

12. Hanna says:

Det er et fantastisk sted, Nina. Dejlige billeder!
    De bedste hilsner,
    Hanna

13. placestheygo says:

Ahhh, just beautiful! So glad you added more amazing photos!!

We can never see too many of your lovely images. Thanks for the kefir link. I will be sending off for some soon.