“Seize the time, Meribor. Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” Capt Picard, Star Trek The Next Generation (The Inner Light Episode 1992)
Our time is up and we’re about to depart this lovely spot we’ve called home for the past 4 weeks. I always find these moments of […]
“Sometimes I do get to places just when God’s ready to have somebody click the shutter”
I’m the first to admit that I don’t always have a plan for my photography. In fact a lack of plan is more often the norm for me. There are certainly days I stroll out with a […]
Towards evening we arrived at Cape disapointment on the Sea Shore. went over a bald hill where we had a handsom view of the ocean”
John Ordway Nov 1805
There are few places on the west coast where the threads of history and nature so intimately intertwine as right here at Cape Disappointment State […]
We’re back at “work” (and I use that term veeeery loosely) which means it’s time to update you all about what exactly we’re doing.
Those who follow the blog know that we like to volunteer in the summer months. In fact I’ve written extensively about volunteering & previous jobs in our volunteer section HERE. […]
We are in our new “home”, our temporary abode for the month of June and our first hosting job of the year. This is our 3rd year hosting in the summer and I always look forward to these times. For us they represent a slowing of pace and a bonding with nature while the rest of […]
The past few days we’ve extended beyond our little beach-haven and visited the sights around us. Our RV spot is actually out on an outcropping on the very SW end of Washington. The rocky headland that is Cape Disappointment is but the tip of a long peninsula that runs like a long, narrow finger into the […]
Some call it a foul place, one of the foulest in fact, at least when it comes to the weather. If you’re a lover of all things wet, all things foggy, all things windy and just general soak-drenched damp craziness this may just be the spot for you. It rains here, and not just in […]
“Mere description can give but little idea of the terrors of the bar of the Columbia; those who have seen it have spoken of the wilderness of the ocean, and the incessant roar of the waters, representing it as one of the most fearful sights that can possibly meet the eye of the sailor”
Where Are We Today?Sam's Family Spa, Desert Hot Springs, CA
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- 3,000,000 Thanks….And More To Come!
- Looost In Spaaaaace – Trona Pinnacles, CA
- A Cool Airstream Gal & A “Tippy” ?@#! Drive – Lone Pine, CA
- And Then There Were 2 1/4 – Bishop, CA
- Free Campsite Review – Glass Creek NFS Campground, Mammoth Lakes, CA
- Closer To The Sun – Mammoth Lakes, CA
- Dry As A Bone – Washoe Lake, NV
- The Call Of Hwy 395 & The Mountains
- An Early Christmas Present -> Our New MSH3012 PSW Inverter
- Tasty RV Eats -> Curried Roasted Cauliflower
Top Posts & Pages
- Looost In Spaaaaace - Trona Pinnacles, CA
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- A Cool Airstream Gal & A "Tippy" ?@#! Drive - Lone Pine, CA
- 3,000,000 Thanks....And More To Come!
- About Us
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- The Journey