The thing about hanging in the lushest desert on earth is that you can never rely on the weather. Days will start out clear, then suddenly cloud up or cloud up and then suddenly clear. Humidity here hovers around 40-50% which is simply insane for a desert. In fact, the entire weather system here makes [...]
I hinted in the last post of fiddling & exploring in the nearby town of Ajo, AZ. This little desert town of ~4,000 souls is only ~10 miles from our boondocking spot and a mere 43 miles from the Mexican border. Its location is a convenient gateway for many folks driving south of the [...]
So I’ve finally made it back home….back to the boonies…and back to my furry family (yes, hubby qualifies)! It was a fabulous trip to Europe, but I can’t deny that my heart lies here in the grand desert with our 40-foot home on wheels. I think you either hate or love this lifestyle and if [...]
So we’re back in the boonies, the outer reaches of the desert, the nether-regions of the wild. Many would say we’re back where we belong and rightly so. After a month of luxuriating in Sam’s Spa our skin is soft as a newborn kitten’s backside and far too pretty for the boondock-worthy winter image we’ve [...]
Having churned your brains to mush with some heavy posts on health and medical, I figured I would allow you a reprieve with some light and easy stuff today. After all Paul is away, the mouse is all alone and you know what I’m like in these circumstances. Much to everyone’s disappointment (I’m sure) I’ve [...]
It’s a day after the “big storm” and I wanted to share my last few impressions. As many of you commented yesterday, snow is likely the last thing that most folks want to see down here. In my case I’ve a rather nostalgic view of the stuff no doubt supported by the fact that I [...]
Sometimes pictures tell the story best, sometimes the story makes it even better. We had a simply awesome sunset last night, the kind that inspires you to gawk and write blogs about. Best of all, we had a 360 degree view of the whole show from our awesome boondocking spot in the Borrego Hills. It’s on days like this [...]
Finally, after almost 3 weeks on my lonesome hubby is home! He had a long and somewhat difficult family trip in Florida, but things are moving forward so he was able to come on back. Phew! Polly was exuberant and gave Paul a bunch of sloppy kisses while I did a crazy run around the RV…or [...]
We left the desert behind with fond memories of distant hills, beautiful moments of solitude in the wild, fabulous sunsets and dark, starry nights. Our time in Borrego Springs seemed almost too short and I’m sure it’s like that for almost anyone that goes there. I think Bayfield Bunch put it perfectly in this post [...]
There are times in your life when you realize you’re enjoying yourself too much. Or rather, something keeps nagging at you that you shouldn’t be enjoying it quite so much, but somehow you just doggone diddly-do-ha can’t help it. We had a day like that yesterday. Paul, pooch and myself were walking the 1/2 mile through the canyon to the next [...]
Where Are We Today?Cape Blanco State Park, OR
Cape Blanco, OR Today Tuesday WednesdayPartly Cloudy79°/48°Fog77°/48°Partly Cloudy77°/48°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- TLC For “The Beast” Part II – New Tires
- TLC For “The Beast” in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Aaaaand….We Made It DOWN!
- 10 Thoughts On Living & RVing The San Juan Islands, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations – 5 “Western Arm” Gems
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts – Patos Island, WA
- Lounging In Laid-Back Lopez Island, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations -> 4 “Eastern Arm” Secrets
- Island Hopping To San Juan, WA -> Lighthouses, Harbors & Pig Wars
- Volunteer Hosting at Mount Constitution, Orcas Island, WA – What Do We DO Here?
Top Posts & Pages
- TLC For "The Beast" Part II - New Tires
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- TLC For "The Beast" in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- About Us
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- The Costs of Full-Time RVing