A very large, open BLM area on the East side of Hwy 395 just South of Mammoth Lakes, CA with hidden free hot springs to boot! Best suited to smaller campers (Class C, trailers, vans) however.
Location: Hot Creek Hatchery Road, Benton Crossing Road (sometimes locally called “Green Church Road”) & Whitmore Tubs Road are all [...]
So, the past few days we’ve been back in one of our favorite areas of 395, the high mountains and thin air of Mammoth Lakes. This is a spot we’ve visited many times before, yet we keep finding new and cool things to do here. We’ve already hiked many trails, explored geological craziness and watched [...]
It’s almost as if this road was always meant to be here. Highway 395 is a thing of beauty that sculpts itself almost seamlessly into the curves of the eastern side of the Sierra Nevada mountains, snaking all the way from Southern California to the Canadian-Washington border. To drive this road is to take a journey in scenic splendor and [...]
A forest service campground with lovely mountain views at ~7,900 ft near Mammoth Lakes in the Sierras in Central-East CA.
Site Quality = 3.5/5
This campground has a mix of RV & tenting sites. For the RV sites all [...]
“I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in.”
I was reaaallly hoping for just a tinge of fall colors, perhaps a few good hours of sun and a couple of hikes. After all, this trip was [...]
Where Are We Today?Dry-camping near Silver Springs, NV
Silver Springs, NV Today Friday SaturdayPartly Cloudy68°/45°Chance of Rain55°/37°Partly Cloudy54°/37°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- BLM Campground Review – Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo – Hawthorne, NV
- Contact On The Extraterrestrial Highway!
- Free Campground Review – Pahranagat National Wildlife Refuge, Alamo, NV
- Rocking Out In Lincoln County, NV -> Petroglyphs & Pahranagats
- Triple Score In Nevada’s No-Man Land!
- Boondocking Site Review – Stewarts Point, Lake Mead, NV
- Ready to Go….Or Maybe Not (And A Drowned Ghost Town) – Lake Mead, NV
- Wonder & Awe In The Valley Of Fire, NV
- 5 Cool Outings Around Lake Mead, NV
Top Posts & Pages
- BLM Campground Review - Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo - Hawthorne, NV
- The Journey
- 4 Tips For Creating Instant Indoor RV Coziness