We’re far away from Quartzsite today….far in the boonies…away from the things of man. It was a fun week at the show, but at the end of it all we were ready to leave the crowds and recharge in the wilds. Of course the question that’s burning in everyone’s mind is “how much did we [...]
It’s been a whirlwind of a week. Paul and I both agree we haven’t been this social in months (years?) and it’s a wee bit overwhelming, but honestly this is part of what Quartzsite is all about. If you’re gonna come to “Q” you may as well come during the big show and if you’re [...]
Well we’ve made it to Quartzsite, the biggest RV gathering on earth. Every year around the last two weeks of January hundreds of thousands of RVers come from all over and converge on a teeny little dusty town in the Arizona desert to gather, socialize, show-off and shop. Almost everyone boondocks and every type [...]
So I admit we’ve been lazy….very, very lazy. We had the best of intentions to move ourselves out of our boondocking spot at least 5 days ago. I swear we did. I’d even mapped out our route, scoped out the next 2 boondocking locations and geared myself mentally for the big move. Then, the big [...]
So, we’re still hanging at Q. The “big RV show” officially ended yesterday, and 2 of the rigs in our group have gone (sniff, sniff…Polly’s BEST PAL Lewis is sorely missed), but we decided to hang out for a few more days of free camping while we figure out our next move. Alot of the big RV social [...]
Once a year, beyond the bounds of reason, thousands of RVs all converge in the same place. The spot is a small, dusty nondescript desert town of ~3,000 people in the SW of Arizona. Under normal circumstances you might drive by without even noticing it’s there, but come January the transformation of a desert phoenix occurs. The RV’s come, and not just [...]
A very easy and natural boondocking spot ~6 miles west of Quartzsite in east-central AZ
Location: Dome Rock, Quartzsite, AZ (info on camping HERE)
Coordinates: 33.64203N, -114.31374W. Link to map location HERE
Cost: FREE (2 week stay limit -> free pass provided by camp-host)
How We Found It: I initially heard about Quartzsite several years [...]
For the past several days we’ve been boondocking in one of my favorite spots, next to one of my favorite stories. “The beast” is most happily parked in our own little wilderness next to one of the biggest and oddest crowd convergences in the country. We’re in Quartzsite, AZ and being here in winter is to become part of a living phenomenon.
Quartzsite is [...]
Where Are We Today?Dry-camping near Silver Springs, NV
Silver Springs, NV Today Friday SaturdayPartly Cloudy68°/45°Chance of Rain55°/37°Partly Cloudy54°/37°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- BLM Campground Review – Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo – Hawthorne, NV
- Contact On The Extraterrestrial Highway!
- Free Campground Review – Pahranagat National Wildlife Refuge, Alamo, NV
- Rocking Out In Lincoln County, NV -> Petroglyphs & Pahranagats
- Triple Score In Nevada’s No-Man Land!
- Boondocking Site Review – Stewarts Point, Lake Mead, NV
- Ready to Go….Or Maybe Not (And A Drowned Ghost Town) – Lake Mead, NV
- Wonder & Awe In The Valley Of Fire, NV
- 5 Cool Outings Around Lake Mead, NV
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- BLM Campground Review - Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Journey
- 4 Tips For Creating Instant Indoor RV Coziness
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo - Hawthorne, NV