I don’t usually post two days in a row, but I know many of you are dangling on the edge of your seats wondering if we made it down the mountain. So, rather than keep you in stressful suspense I thought I’d let you know that we did…and all without any kind of drama at all. [...]
Back when I had the idea of living on an Island with “the beast“, hubby thought I was slightly mad. I can’t exactly tell you why I wanted to do it, just that I really, really did. Thankfully I’m more stubborn than a dead mule and I have to admit the entire thing turned out quite nicely. [...]
What we were really looking for was a lighthouse hosting job. I’d been calling every single Washington lighthouse (all 21 of them) since the middle of December trying to find someone that needed hosts for the summer and could take a 40-foot RV. Surprisingly only two lighthouses had shown any interest. One position we took (North Head), [...]
I’ve got a BUNCH of photos to share of the gorgeous place we’re staying, but before I get to them I thought I’d follow-up our previous post with one last lighthouse-related item -> a compilation of the top 10 questions we’ve been asked about lighthouse hosting over the past 3 years. As certified “lighthouse nuts” we’ve visited [...]
We’re back at “work” (and I use that term veeeery loosely) which means it’s time to update you all about what exactly we’re doing.
Those who follow the blog know that we like to volunteer in the summer months. In fact I’ve written extensively about volunteering & previous jobs in our volunteer section HERE. [...]
My little teaser at the bottom of my last post raised a few good guesses (some of which were right!!) and a few fun ideas. Well, wait no more! Today I reveal all and I have to admit we’re pretty darn excited for our plans, all of which will involve brand new experiences for us [...]
I spent last night dreaming about lighthouse keepers. Part of it’s being in this remote & crazy place, part of it’s the book on History of Female Lighthouse Keepers that I’m absorbing like a sponge. Many of these women followed their men to Lighthouse posts in god-forsaken spots and became widowed or [...]
Believe it or not this is our last week at Bullards Beach State Park. Two months have gone…pfffft…just like that. It seems like only yesterday we showed up and arrived “home” and now we’re ready to pick up the jacks and leave. It’s a bittersweet moment. We’ve loved our time here, enjoyed Bandon, adored [...]
So we’ve been happily hosting at Cape Blanco lighthouse for the past week or so. The first few days were the toughest, as they always are, re-programming our brains with all the new lighthouse stories and sorting out the routine, but by the end of the week we were smoothly rocking and rolling. In [...]
Well folks, we’ve made it to the wild west of Oregon. This is as west as you can get, as wild as a stormy sea, as desolate and beautiful as a raw, dreamy vision. If you thought the rest of the coast was remote you just ain’t been here yet. Oh yes it is WINDY, all [...]
Where Are We Today?Cape Blanco State Park, OR
Cape Blanco, OR Today Sunday MondayFog72°/46°Fog73°/45°Fog75°/48°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- TLC For “The Beast” Part II – New Tires
- TLC For “The Beast” in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Aaaaand….We Made It DOWN!
- 10 Thoughts On Living & RVing The San Juan Islands, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations – 5 “Western Arm” Gems
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts – Patos Island, WA
- Lounging In Laid-Back Lopez Island, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations -> 4 “Eastern Arm” Secrets
- Island Hopping To San Juan, WA -> Lighthouses, Harbors & Pig Wars
- Volunteer Hosting at Mount Constitution, Orcas Island, WA – What Do We DO Here?
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- TLC For "The Beast" Part II - New Tires
- TLC For "The Beast" in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- About Us
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Journey