A really neat beach-forest stop in the “inner” Panhandle.
Site Quality = 5/5
The sites here are excellent. They are very large compacted, flat gravel surfaces (disabled sites are concrete) with picnic table, grill, fire-pit and full hookups (50Amp/water/sewer). [...]
So, we’re almost at the end of our time in Florida. We decided to spend our last few days here in a little State Forest in the “inner Panhandle”. It was a bit of a “just point at the map” kind of choice and we really had no idea what it would be like, but it seems [...]
I’d been duly warned by those in the know that the Panhandle Coast is one of the least dog-friendly spots in the country. For a couple like us, where camping is ALL about the paws, this was a rather depressing piece of info, and unfortunately my preliminary investigations showed it to be true. There are 5 [...]
Imagine if you will, a deserted beach. Miles of pure white sand so fine it squeaks under your feet, dunes undulating over the blue ocean drifting off to the horizon, sea gulls surfing on the wind and not a soul in sight. You might think you were on an Island in the Pacific, or perhaps an exotic undiscovered coastline. [...]
Our little twist in the road landed us for a few days in the small town of White Springs, FL . This turned out to be a blessing in disguise, not only because the weather went south on us again, but because we discovered a really cool area. It introduced us to Stephen Foster State Park, a [...]
So, I’m going to do a bit of an Alice in Wonderland with you today. I’m going to take you back in time and down the tunnel to explore the strange and mysterious in life. I often do this kind of thing, not only because I find it fascinating, but also because it opens my eyes [...]
Every now and then life takes you along roads which you didn’t expect to travel. Experience has taught me that it’s best to go with the flow of these things. After all, if everything is telling you to go in a certain direction, then you might want to follow that lead. I’ve found this philosophy can [...]
A lovely and quiet forest campground by the Suwanee River on the East corner of the FL Panhandle.
Site Quality = 4/5
Decent sites here. They are mainly packed earth with full hook-ups (50Amp/sewer/water) and picnic table/fire-pit on [...]
One of the things that I absolutely love about travel is that you’re constantly learning something new. As we’ve crossed the US we’ve come across our share of interesting and dangerous animals -> bear, moose, rattlesnakes etc. It’s rare that you’re not near something of the sort when you’re romping around in the wilderness as we are. I [...]
So, we’ve made it to the very corner of the FL Panhandle, a spot on the Northwestern edge of the State that combines sand, water, forest and history. We’re camping in the deep forest of Suwanee River State Park and the last 3 days have been foggy and chilly which rather match the atmosphere of the place. It’s the perfect time [...]
Where Are We Today?Dry-camping near Silver Springs, NV
Silver Springs, NV Today Friday SaturdayPartly Cloudy68°/45°Chance of Rain54°/37°Partly Cloudy54°/37°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Windy Days & An Old Fort – Silver Springs, NV
- BLM Campground Review – Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo – Hawthorne, NV
- Contact On The Extraterrestrial Highway!
- Free Campground Review – Pahranagat National Wildlife Refuge, Alamo, NV
- Rocking Out In Lincoln County, NV -> Petroglyphs & Pahranagats
- Triple Score In Nevada’s No-Man Land!
- Boondocking Site Review – Stewarts Point, Lake Mead, NV
- Ready to Go….Or Maybe Not (And A Drowned Ghost Town) – Lake Mead, NV
- Wonder & Awe In The Valley Of Fire, NV
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Windy Days & An Old Fort - Silver Springs, NV
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- BLM Campground Review - Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- About Us
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Journey
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo - Hawthorne, NV